Guide to applying for CSC (type B) and
This Guide is to help applicants to apply at China University of Petroleum (CUPB) for the CSC Scholarship.
(Notice: When you apply in CSC online application please make sure that you enter the right Agency No. of China university of petroleum (Beijing), which is: 11414，type B)
1. To apply for scholarship in CUPB first open CUPB website and Choose Online application.
There will be 3 main steps for you to complete the online application:
1： Fill in the online application form
2： Upload the required application materials
3： Submit your application to CUP
2. After you register and login,
a- Select your required application level (BSc, MSc, Ph。D。)。
b-Desired language of instruction (Chinese or English).
c-Then select the required course you want to apply for by clicking Apply now.
3. Fill in the required information and click save and next.
4.Choose research direction ，then choose the School (Postgraduate students only: MSc & Ph.D.). Since you choose the School, List of Supervisor’s Name will appear.
5. Upload the required documents (documents marked with a red asterisk (*) are compulsory)
6。 Scholarship Selecting Part (The most Important part)
7. To complete submitting your application please pay application fee which is 400 yuan.
8. Choose the scholarship you are applying for as shown below
9. Click next and submit the application form.
10. After submitting the application please go to the CSC website and fill in the application on the CSC system too.
During the CSC system application please take note of the following
Input the correct Agency Number. which is: 11414 for China University of Petroleum, Beijing. Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, both are mandatory for online application.
After inputting agency number, the matched agency name will automatically show Type B, China University of Petroleum, Beijing
Step 1: Input Application Information.
Step 2: Move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application.
Step 3: Check each part of your application carefully before submission。 Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate。
Step 4: With any inquiry concerning the available majors of our university, please see the attached list.
Step 5: Once submitted, amendment cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”. Before the application being processed by the processing authorities, applicant can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application.
Step 6: After revoking the application, applicant must submit again after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click” Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Good luck to all Scholarship applicants
Contact information Admission Office College of International Education China university of Petroleum Changing District, Beijing P.R. China,102249
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Short Term Scholar Program
Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for 4 months month general studies in China. China University of petroleum, Beijing is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students.
Eligibility of Applicants
Applicants of African country nationalities and in good health and are in the petroleum & natural gas (Oil & Gas) sector.
Applicants must be under the age of 45 when applying for this program
Eligible Courses (Choose General Visiting Student as the student category while applying)
· Oil-Gas Well Drilling Engineering
· Oil-Gas Field Development Engineering
· Offshore Oil and Gas Engineering
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
· Tuition waiver;
· Accommodation (700RMB/per month);
· Living allowance (3000RMB/per month);
· Comprehensive medical insurance.
Please note that this scholarship does not cover travel expenses to and from the university. Students are advised to plan their travel arrangements as soon as they receive the final admission decision from CUPB.
List of Required Documents
1. Certified highest degree certificates, and transcript with an average of over 75% (should be notarized by related organizations)
2. Copy of Passport
3. Two recommendation letters
4. Study and research plan
5. English or HSK Proficiency Certificates
6. Physical Examination report (Health Certificate)